European Curriculum and Syllabus for IR
CIRSE is excited to present the European Curriculum and Syllabus for Interventional Radiology Second Edition. The revised IR Curriculum and Syllabus is a standardised guideline for training that covers an array of general IR topics and safety concepts with which a well-trained interventional radiologist should be familiar.
The following improvements have been made to the curriculum and syllabus:
- Increased focus on clinical practice and safety
- Several sections have been combined so that therapeutic areas and procedures are more appropriately aligned
- Exclusion of some procedures that are no longer widely performed
The following sections have been added to the syllabus to reflect the continued expansion of this innovative field of medicine:
- Interventional Oncology (2.2.5)
- Prostate Artery Embolisation (PAE) (18.104.22.168)
- A blueprint colour coding system to guide future EBIR examinees in their studying (22.214.171.124)
- Core Procedures in IR (2.1.8)
The European Curriculum and Syllabus serves as the basis for the recently UEMS-CESMA-endorsed European Board of Interventional Radiology, which allows physicians who have followed the objectives of the curriculum and mastered the content of the syllabus to prove their professional competence.
The Task Force chaired by Dr. Raman Uberoi, who dedicated their expertise and time to editing the first edition of the curriculum and syllabus, proudly announce the wide endorsement of the document by numerous European IR societies.
The 2nd edition of the Curriculum and Syllabus will serve as the basis for the EBIR Examination from March 2018.
Members will receive a copy of the new CIRSE IR Curriculum, which will be available from late July 2017. For questions on the European IR Curriculum and Syllabus, please contact email@example.com.