CIRSE Student Programme-be inspIRed
Let us inspIRe you! CIRSE welcomes students to its congresses
Are you an UNDERGRADUATE EUROPEAN MEDICAL STUDENT? Then come to the CIRSE annual congress - the premier meeting on interventional radiology or ECIO (European Congress on Interventional Oncology) – for free!
If you are a European medical student interested to learn more about one of the most dynamic, innovative and rapidly growing areas of medicine, the CIRSE Student Programme is exactly what you are looking for!
Interventional radiology (IR) specialises in minimally invasive, image-guided therapies, which often represent a gentle alternative to traditional surgical procedures. Interventional radiologists (IRs) perform a huge variety of high-tech procedures – ranging from interventional oncology (including ablation techniques and embolisation) to vascular repair or neuro-interventions. And as medical technology steadily advances, IR will be at the cutting edge with robot-assisted interventions, nano-bots etc.
But interventional radiologists are not only technicians, but also clinicians taking care of their patients and closely cooperating with specialists from other medical fields.
The annual CIRSE congress is the biggest IR meeting in the world, with thousands of participants from all around the world attending scientific sessions, discussing current developments in the world of medicine and getting to know new technological innovations in the technical exhibition where all major medical device companies are represented.
Here is why any European medical student should want to attend CIRSE:
- Free participation in the CIRSE Student Programme
- Free access to all scientific sessions
- Free access to the technical exhibition
- Get to know other medical students from around Europe
- Have the opportunity to informally meet European leaders or IR
- Gain insights into one of the most dynamic and interesting medical fields
The CIRSE Student Programme will guide you through the congress und help you make the most of your experience at the CIRSE congress. It includes…
- Hands-on workshops, exclusively organised for students
- Introduction lectures
- A list of recommended scientific sessions
- Mentoring and networking opportunities
- Free lunch for students at the congress
- The Students’ Evening (including free drinks)
…and much, much more. And best of all: registration is completely free for European medical students if you meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate medical student both at the time of registration and during the relevant congress
- Residing and studying within Europe
- Aged 36 or younger
You require these documents to complete your registration for CIRSE 2017 (they can be uploaded at any time after registration)
- CIRSE 2017 Form signed and stamped by your university confirming you are a medical student. (You can download form after you have first registered with your online-account)
- Copy or high-resolution picture of an official ID document (Passport, drivers licence, ID card).
- An up-to-date CV
CIRSE Student Programme Travel Grant: As we are completely aware that travelling can be hard on a student budget, CIRSE provides up to 150 participants of the CIRSE Student Programme with a 200€ travel grant. You do not need to separately apply for the grant – you will automatically be informed by us if you are eligible upon registering for the congress.
Check our Facebook page or the CIRSE Webpage for more information or contact us via email@example.com