How to apply - IRSA
Upcoming Examination Dates:
- 10-11 July, 2017 during the IRSA 2017 Meeting - Port Douglas, AU
- 7-8 March, 2018 on the occasion of the APSCVIR 2018 Meeting - Auckland, NZ
Limited number of places for non-IRSA applicants now available!
To apply for sitting the EBIR, please complete the following forms, have them signed by the responsible authority and upload them in the online registration process in the myCIRSE area.
Proof of IR Training (PDF download 73 KB)
In the document, the applicant provides information of when and where their radiology training (including 1 year dedicated to IR) was completed. The document must be signed by the Director of the current hospital or the Programme Director of the IR or Radiology Department.
Competency Checklist (PDF download 74 KB)
The application must be accompanied by a competency checklist completed by the candidate’s IR programme director or other responsible authority as listed in the document.
Proof of IR Experience (PDF download 87 KB; 2 pages)
The candidate should have experience as first operator performing at least 250 IR procedures, 150 of which have to be interventions according to chapter 2.2.1 Vascular Diagnosis and Interventions of the European Curriculum and Syllabus for Interventional Radiology.
Membership - Candidates must be members of IRSA in the year(s) of the application and examination. Non-IRSA applicants: For candidates applying for the limited number of non-IRSA member seats, proof of IRSA membership is not required but CIRSE membership for the year(s) of the application and examination is mandatory.
CV - A relevant Curriculum Vitae (insert online during registration process)
The CV should include a record of previous training posts in radiology and IR as well as all scientific and educational activities.
|Application Fee - Payment of 2100 Euro application fee (congress registration fees are not included)|
- Applicants must register and provide documentary evidence of fulfilment of all entry criteria for the exam no later than 2 months prior to the respective exam date.
- Only filled-in documents downloaded from the EBIR website will be accepted for submission. (Proof of IR Experience/Procedures, Competency Checklist, Proof of Radiology Training)
- Your EBIR application is only completed once all the required documents are submitted and all fees are paid.
- Exam applications will be accepted on a first come, first served basis - which will be based on the date of completion of registration! Early application is therefore recommended.
- The EBIR Examination Committee reserves the right to request a complete and properly filled in logbook at any time.
- The examination will accommodate 30 candidates. Should an examination be fully booked, the application will automatically be transferred to the next available examination.
No refunds will be provided if an applicant withdraws his/her application. If a candidate cannot comply with all entry criteria during the registration process or is declined during the reviewing process by the EBIR Committee, his/her application for the exam will be cancelled. Refund of the application fee is not possible. Candidates who have not passed the examination can apply to resit the exam. A maximum of four attempts within 3 years is permitted per candidate. Those applying for a repeat exam must resubmit all required documents and complete the payment as before. A transfer of the previous examination fee is not possible.
By submitting their registration, applicants accept the General Terms and Conditions for the EBIR Application and Participation.
For questions regarding the EBIR exam please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org