New radiation safety legislation in 2018 - are you ready?
Thank you for visiting the Radiation Protection Pavilion – CIRSE’s interactive awareness campaign for radiation protection and dose management in Copenhagen – and for making it such a great success!
The Radiation Protection Pavilion 2017 in numbers:
- 25 short talks by world-leading experts
- 10 industry partners supporting the initiative
- Take home tailored informational material about the new EU Directive on Basic Safety Standards in radiation protection
- 1 online self-assessment quiz
Let’s talk about radiation safety
Interventional radiologists are exposed to high levels of radiation in daily practice, and so face particular health risks. Through its short history, the Radiation Protection Pavilion has seen a very successful campaign to create awareness of the often neglected issue of lens opacities.
Out of the 248 eye-checks completed, we discovered that 45 participants had opacities - that's 18.1%! Although eye-checks will no longer occur at the Pavilion, we still strongly encourage members to continue to have their eyes checked regularly.
Get expert advice
Congress delegates had the opportunity to learn about the health hazards linked to high levels of occupational exposure to radiation. This year’s aim was to help members to get ready for EU’s new radiation safety directive [Basic Safety Standards Directive 2013/59/EURATOM], which will have to be implemented in all EU member states by February 2018.
Explore state-of-the-art protective technologies
All participants had the change to discuss the latest products for protection and dose management with select industry partners, who were on hand to address any questions.
Congress delegates also had – and still have – the opportunity to self-assess their knowledge of radiation protection and dose management issues with the online quiz, which was composed by CIRSE’s radiation protection experts. Take the quiz now.
Watch the Radiation Protection Pavilion video and browse the press reviews to find out more about this unique campaign and the Radiation Protection Subcommittee’s efforts to raise awareness.
- Radiation Protection Pavilion 2017, IR News, 1/2017, p. 26
- Mini Talks in the Radiation Protection Pavilion 2016
- Expert Interview: Radiation Protection at CIRSE 2016, IR News, 3/2016, p.26
- Ready for the Risk: Radiation Protection Pavilion 2016, IR News, 2/2016, p.28
- The Radiation Protection Pavilion at CIRSE 2015, IR News, 3/2015, p.21
- The Radiation Protection Pavilion: Can you handle the risk?, IR News, 2/2015, p.26
We would like to thank our corporate partners as well as our international collaboration partners, in particular ESR’s EuroSafe Imaging Campaign, for actively supporting the Radiation Protection Pavilion.
The 2017 Radiation Protection Pavilion was proudly supported by: